A 16,000 sq ft empty warehouse to fit out with racking and appropriate equipment such as forklifts etc. The plan must maximize the number of pallets the warehouse can store, including a design confirming where the racking will be placed and how many pallet spaces are available.
- To establish the types of pallets to be used and racking system required based on inventory mass and weight to ensure maximum safety while meeting load and space requirements.
- To create different racking types for specific inventory requirements, leading to optimized use of 3-dimensional space.
- Establishing 3-dimensional capacity to meet Forklift capabilities.
- Sourcing from established suppliers who can provide spares and replacements.
- To create a matrix of suppliers with specifications, price and lead times.
- We provided different design plans to meet three scenarios based on the client’s current inventory items, lead to manufacturing, and optimized inventory levels.
- Multiple racking types optimizing 3-dimensional layout with fast frequency and low frequency inventory requirements.
- Providing an internal reach and pull system, to maximize forklift reach and minimize forklift travel.
- Provided a matrix list of suppliers that meet all the requirements.